LowFares: Troubadours and Tasting Rooms in the Wachau

Since Austria is the Destination of the Week on LowFares, and I already wrote about Vienna and Schoenbrunn palace, I decided to write my third feature article on the gorgeous Wachau region along the Danube Valley, which is packed full of history and renowned for its wonderful wines, especially Riesling and Gruner Veltliner.

If you've seen some of my articles on Austria already, you might have come across a few other articles I've written about this gorgeous region of castle ruins, baroque abbeys, dramatic vineyards and romantic history. I've written about everything from its significance to the wine world, to dramatic episodes from its long and storied past. If you haven't seen my pieces, you can take a look at them here!

But before you do, check out my most recent on in the LowFares summer issue by clicking on the link below, and let me know what you think!

Comments