HotelChatter: Andaz San Diego's King-Size Bunk Beds


One of the first pieces I ever wrote as a freelance writer was a roundup of downtown San Diego hotels for LA.com a couple years ago. Back then, the Andaz San Diego was still the Ivy Hotel, but these days it's joined the Hyatt family of hotels, and is looking pretty spiffy. It still has a bit of a party atmosphere, though, as you'll see from my story on their Star Suite. As soon as I heard that it featured mirrored ceilings, a stripper pole, and king-size bunk beds, I knew there was a story to write.

Luckily my editor at HotelChatter agreed, and asked me to go on an investigative visit to the sixth-floor suite during my last visit to San Diego. As you'll see, the beds are indeed impressive, and hopefully I'll be posting a gallery of my other photos of the room including the full wet bar, the stripper pole, and the party shower (yeah, it's big enough to throw a party in). For now, just take a look at the beds and my story with all the salacious details, including a mention of the suite's first celebrity guest (guess who!).

Link: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2010/5/3/192918/3456/hotels/For_Adults_Only_The_King_Sized_Bunk_Beds_at_Andaz_San_Diego

Comments