Runaway San Diego


Occasionally I write pieces for The Rundown. Most of them have been about L.A., with the exception of tasting at the Lompoc Wine Ghetto and some tips for staying in the Santa Ynez wine country around Solvang and Los Olivos.

This time, however, I was charged with writing two quick weekend guides to San Diego: one for the city and one for the beach. The beach guide was just sent out today...right after 4th of July--I think it's because the Del Mar Fair finally closed. Meanwhile, I got to run around Del Mar, Solana Beach and Encinitas, poking my head into all kinds of fun places with my parents, who live in the area. They were good sports, and came with me to check out the newly renovated L'Auberge Del Mar as well as a darling little B&B right in Del Mar called Les Artistes. For dinner, we tried a restaurant everyone in San Diego is talking about, Market Del Mar, right on Via de la Valle across from the Polo Grounds. I'll write up a full review on that later, but for now, check out the piece!

Link: http://www.rundown.com/article.php?article_id=589

Comments