HotelChatter: The Living Wall at London's Athenaeum Hotel

Just another quick HotelChatter piece this week about one of the coolest hotel features I've come across lately: the living wall at London's Athenaeum Hotel. I learned more about this very special "vertical garden" while staying at the hotel on my recent trip to London, and wanted to share the latest trend in urban greenery, and one of Time Magazine's Best Inventions from 2009.

Turns out the "architectural botanist," Patrick Blanc, is the same man who designed the living wall at the Qantas First Lounge in Sydney, which I visited last June. I thought it looked familiar...

Meanwhile, take a look at my article and the accompanying video to see all the fantastic details that make this living wall so special.

Link: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2010/11/30/20403/900/hotels/We_Go_Behind_The_Living_Wall_at_London_s_Athenaeum_Hotel

Comments