Review: Luce at the Intercontinental San Francisco

Last June, I went to an Intercontinental Hotels presentation at the Intercontinental Century City where I happened to meet Chef Dominique Crenn. The Parisian native was named as Equire's 2008 Chef to Watch, and her restaurant at the Intercontinental San Francisco, Luce, has just received its first Michelin Star (for the complete 2010 San Francisco listings, click here).

Since I met Chef Crenn, who has been competing on this season of Iron Chef, I have wanted to get up to the hotel to try her menu, and I had the chance to do so this past weekend.

I'll spare you the details (though you can see photos below) of a meal that included exotic items like roasted bone marrow, kampachi tartare and squab with brioche veloute here, but to read about everything we enjoyed during our meal at the restaurant, take a look at my HotelChatter review here: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2009/10/28/115118/15/hotels/What_The_Michelin_Starred_Grub_is_Like_at_The_Intercontinental_San_Fran

PHOTOS

Roasted marrow bone with fried capers

Kona Kampachi tartar with celery sorbet

Squab with vanilla brioche veloute

Papardelle with short ribs and wild mushrooms

Huckleberry financier with coconut lime sorbet

Comments