Intercontinental Hotels Show Off In L.A.


This past week, I was invited to a sort of informational cocktail party hosted by the Intercontinental Hotels Group's properties in California and Arizona. The event served a dual purpose: to showcase the culinary talents of Chef Dominique Crenn, whose restaurant, Luce, is at the new San Francisco Intercontinental; and to introduce a lot of travel agents to their new Scottsdale property, the Montelucia.

Chef Crenn recently won Esquire's Chef of the Year Award for 2008, and she personalized and signed an apron for me after we chatted about my recent trip to France, so I'm looking forward to having a meal at Luce on my next trip up to the Bay Area.

The Montelucia, which just opened in November, also looked amazing--a lovely Moorish-style resort in usually Spanish Colonial Phoenix. The spa looks just lovely, and the rooms are going for under $150 this summer!

Comments