The Points Guy: What to do at Inle Lake, Myanmar

Although I did not originally intend to visit Inle Lake during my visit to Myanmar, after speaking with a few friends who had recently traveled there, I decided to change my plans and spend a few days there instead of in Mandalay. I'm so glad I did.


Inle Lake is in the central part of the country, and feels like stepping back in time to visit a more traditional way of life among the stilt villages and ruined temple complexes that line the lakes reedy waters.

This was truly one of the most interesting places I've been lately, and I spent a couple days out on the water meeting everyone from silk weavers and traditional fisherman, to Buddhist monks, rice cracker cooks, and more. Definitely worth spending some time here if you visit Myanmar yourself.






For all the details on what I did and how I booked it, check out my full post on The Points Guy here: Longboats, Monasteries and A Winery - Inle Lake, Myanmar

Comments