JustLuxe: Four Fabulous New Nordic Cuisine Restaurants

During my recent round-the-world trip, I spent a few weeks roaming the Nordic countries of Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland, and one of the highlights was the cuisine. Even just a decade ago the idea of Scandinavia as a culinary destination would have been something of a joke - the land of smorgasbord and smoked herring. But thanks to a cadre of enterprising and experimental young chefs, including Rene Redzepi of Noma who put "new Nordic" cuisine on the map, the restaurants in these countries are some of the most exciting in the world to eat at these days.


I was lucky enough to eat at nearly a dozen fabulous places, but singled out four in particular for my most recent JustLuxe post on the new Nordic trend. They were Oaxen Krog in Stockholm, Falsled Kro on the island of Funen in Denmark, Spis in Helsinki and Lysverket in Bergen.


Read about what makes each one so special and some of the mouthwatering dishes I sampled in my full article on JustLuxe: Four Fantastic New Nordic Restaurants You Have Not Heard Of...Yet

Comments