The Points Guy: Miles to the Rescue When LAX Flight Plans Go Afoul

For the amount I travel, it's actually kind of amazing how rarely things go wrong and my flight plans get messed up - but when they do, the really do.


Case in point - my flight up to San Francisco to catch a big flight down to Australia was canceled and I had to try to find another way down there within a matter of hours while stuck at LAX. Luckily, I'm the managing editor of The Points Guy - and miles came to the rescue in this instance.

I canceled my United award down there from SFO-Sydney we were able to book me on a flight from LAX to Melbourne on Virgin Australia in the time it took me to walk from one terminal to another at LAX. It was truly amazing and an example of how valuable points and miles can be.

Read about the whole stressful experience and happy ending here: Delta SkyMiles To The Rescue After Travel Plans Go Awry

Comments