The Points Guy: Flight Review - Lufthansa 747 First Class

A couple months back, a friend of mine invited me to come visit her in Thailand, so I thought about it - where I'd like to go, what to see, how long to stay - and started looking into award tickets.


She suggested November, and after a quick search, I found a first class award itinerary from New York to Bangkok via Frankfurt on Lufthansa and Thai. The Lufthansa portion was actually in business class, but award space usually opens up last-minute, so I went ahead and booked my outbound ticket - and sure enough, a couple days before I was scheduled to depart, I was able to switch my seat to first class.

I've had some amazing experiences in the sky, from Air New Zealand Business Premier to Cathay Pacific business class, but I was even more excited to try Lufthansa's legendary 747 first class - there's a seat and a bed! So it was with lots of enthusiasm and a spring in my step that I climbed the stairs to the top deck of the plane, grabbed a glass of champagne and settled in for the flight. I was only sorry I didn't last longer!

Read my full review of the experience of one of the best first class products in the sky here: Flight Review - Lufthansa 747-400 First Class

Comments