The Points Guy: Flying Around Argentina

Since I started as the Managing Editor of The Points Guy back in 2011, I've gone through a rigorous and constant education on how to maximize frequent flier miles, and I brought that knowledge to bear during my recent trip to Argentina by using a few stray Delta miles I had floating around to book flights on Delta's new SkyTeam partner Aerolineas Argentinas.

I had to get from Buenos Aires to Mendoza and then Salta for wine-tasting - preferably without having to transit through Buenos Aires in the middle there. Flights were going for over $1,000 on individual itineraries between the cities let alone one that included all three, so if I was going to make it happen, it had to be on miles.



Luckily, Delta had already partnered with Aerolineas by the time I was booking, and I was able put my miles to use for a stellar redemption that would get me all around the country to the wine regions I needed to visit.

To read more about how exactly I was able to do this as well as some helpful tips on how to leverage your miles while in South America, read my post here.

Comments