The Points Guy: Trip Report on Iguazu Falls

Have you seen Pixar's movie, Up? Well, I have a feeling it's based on Iguazu Falls, a breathtaking natural wonder at the convergence of the Parana River on the border of Argentina and Brazil.



I wasn't really planning on a visit during my month in Argentina, but everyone told me I absolutely had to go, so I did. I even used British Airways miles to book a LAN ticket there rather than paying $500, and then stayed at a Sheraton so I could earn Starwood points during my stay.

Half-touristy and half-breathtaking, I do think it's worth a visit, though don't expect an amazing cultural experience or great hospitality. Instead, enjoy the splendor of the falls and then head to your next destination.

To read about how I used miles to get here and suggestions on what to do during your stay, read my post here.

Comments