LA Confidential Magazine: 10 Years in LA Food

LA Confidential Magazine is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year and as part of a special anniversary feature, they asked me to come up with a list of ten food trends from the past ten years that have defined the LA dining scene.


Needless to say, that whetted my appetite, and after having a good, hard think and polling my foodie friends, I came up with this list that includes some obvious topics like the advent of food truck culture and the speakeasy cocktail trend, as well as some interesting moments like the opening of Mozza and the recent reopenings of Spago and Nobu in Malibu.

All in all, it was a lot of fun to think back to all the good meals I've enjoyed with an eye toward outlining just what's made eating in LA so great for the past decade.

Link: http://la-confidential-magazine.com/living/articles/la-best-dining-2002-2012

Comments