LA Confidential Magazine: Post & Beam

For my latest restaurant piece in LA Confidential's April/May issue, I headed to the streets of Crenshaw in south central LA for dinner at celebrity chef Govind Armstrong's latest project (which also marks his return to LA): Post & Beam.

This cozy little restaurant is part of the revitalizing work at the Baldwin Hills Plaza and is just one step toward turning a down-and-out neighborhood around. From what I could tell, it's starting to work--the restaurant has been packed since its opening with folks seeking something different from the fast-food fare that is found in the rest of the neighborhood in favor of farm-sourced comfort food. I know that seems a little vague, but check out the story at the link below and you'll see what I mean.

Link: http://la-confidential-magazine.com/dining/articles/the-post-man

Comments