JustLuxe: Tasting Wine Along Portugal's Douro Valley

My most recent JustLuxe travel piece covers the fabulous week I spent wine-tasting along Portugal's Douro Valley back in September. Not only did I try the region's famous Port wines, but I also got to sample a wide swath of its Douro DOC, or non-Port wines like the Tourigas that have been appearing with increasing frequency on our menus in the States.

In the piece, I talk about some of the great things to do in the UNESCO-listed (and view-rific) city of Oporto itself, as well as some of the lovely hotels and inns I stayed at farther east along the river in the heart of Port country.

So take a look at the beautiful pictures, read about the wines, and keep an eye out for Portuguese vintages the next time you're perusing a wine list.

Link: http://www.justluxe.com/travel/luxury-vacations/feature-1668839.php

Comments