HotelChatter: Awesome Designs at Saint James Paris

I'm more of a food and wine guy than a design aficionado, but every so often in the course of my travels, I come across a restaurant or hotel that really blows me away with its decor, and during my visit to Paris last January, that's just what happened a little boutique property tucked away in a private park in the tony 16th arrondisement called the Saint James Hotel Paris.

The Saint James isn't about jaw-dropping grandeur, though there's a bit of that, too. Rather, what caught my eye were the whimsical touches like wallpaper festooned with old-timey hot air balloons (mongolfieres!), a wall decorated with mens' walking canes, and lamps made out of bowler hats...not to mention some pretty luxe chinoiserie patterns and tricked-out bathrooms.

Although I'm eager to stay at some of the bigger new hotels in Paris like the Mandarin Oriental and the Raffles Royal Monceau, I was definitely a huge fan of the Saint James and would send folks to stay there in a heartbeat. In the meantime, check out my piece from HotelChatter below.

Link: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2011/10/25/145712/14/hotels/Leopard_Prints_Hot_Air_Balloons_and_Bowler_Hat_Lamps_at_Hotel_Saint_James_Paris

Comments