HotelChatter: Montage Laguna's Sommelier Training

You might know that I regularly write a series on some of the world's coolest hotel jobs for HotelChatter, but last week, I actually wrote about a cool hotel job perk as part of the coverage of my recent stay at Montage Laguna Beach: the resort's staff sommelier certification classes, which are open to any staff member who is interested and has the time in their schedule to take them.

I actually got to sit in on one of the Friday afternoon classes with the resort's Beverage Director, Troy Smith, and it was especially great because we were talking about the wines of Portugal, which I'd just visited a couple weeks before.

Learn more about this unique program, and start earmarking your wine encyclopedia.

Link: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2011/10/17/132318/16/hotels/Best_Hotel_Job_Perk_Montage_Laguna_s_Sommelier_Classes

Comments