LA Confidential Magazine: Gastropubs


My final piece in the September issue of LA Confidential is a foodie feature on a big trend at the moment in Los Angeles: gastropubs.

Sure, they've been around for a while, and yes, there are lots of microbreweries around the country, but I think I've put my finger on a few characteristics that distinguish LA's spate of recently opened gastropubs from their counterparts across the country, as well as why our brand of brewpub is going to be setting the trend for other parts.

Find out more, as well as what you can eat at local spots like 1321 Taproom in Torrance, Bru Haus, Black Market Liquor Bar, The Tripel, Rosewood Tavern, City Tavern and the Fat Dog. I'll give you one hint...lots of different burgers, and even more fabulous artisanal ales!

Link: http://la-confidential-magazine.com/dining/articles/gastropubs-move-in

Comments