Jaunted: Australia's Other Wine Regions, Margaret River

For the final piece in my Jaunted series on Australia's Other Wine Regions, we return to an old favorite of mine, and the very first Australian wine region I ever visited: Western Australia's Margaret River.

Not only do you have to fly all the way to Perth to get there, but then you have to drive another three hours before you start seeing vineyards. Perched on clifftops above the Indian Ocean, it literally feels like the end of the world, and is one of the world's last unspoiled landscapes.

Plus, the wines are just plain fantastic--many of them are among my favorites from Australia. See what I mean, and start planning your own fantasy trip by taking a quick look at my article at the link below.

Link: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2011/6/2/142933/7448/travel/AustraliaLink%27s+Other+Wine+Regions%3A+Margaret+River

Comments