Jaunted: Australia's Other Wine Regions, Clare Valley

For the second day of my Jaunted series on Australia's Other Wine Regions, we travel to one of my favorite places on the continent, South Australia. There we find the country's biggest wine region, the Barossa, as well as some of its most under-the-radar treasures like the Adelaide Hills, the Fleurieu Peninsula, and the region I talk about today: the Clare Valley.

In sharp contrast to its bigger neighbor, the Clare Valley (where wine has been made for over 150 years now) is renowned for its Riesling thanks to the world-class efforts of fabulous wineries like Skillogalee (where I had lunch) and Sevenhill Cellars.

So if Shiraz isn't your thing, and you're looking to get out and explore a more off-the-beaten-path wine region on your next visit to Australia, find out my picks on where to taste, what to eat, and where to stay in the Clare Valley, check out my article below.

Link: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2011/6/2/14939/98620/travel/Australia%27s+Other+Wine+Regions%3A+The+Clare+Valley

Comments