JustLuxe: LA's Single Spirit Bars

Nightlife might be part of my usual restaurant and dining mandate, but it's still a separate sphere of activity unto itself, so you won't often find me hanging out around LA's bars--despite any reports you might have heard to the contrary!

That's why it was a fun change of pace for me to do this little roundup for JustLuxe about a trend I've been noticing for a while around Los Angeles: single-spirit bars.

That might sound confusing, but what I mean is, bars that are devoted to a single liquor like rum or whiskey. A preponderance of them have popped up in the past couple of years, so here I talk about 3 old favorites and a soon-comer to downtown LA.

I cover The Thirsty Crow in Silverlake, which specializes in whiskey and bourbon, rum mecca La Descarga in Los Feliz, the tequila- and mescal-fueled party at downtown's Las Perlas, and finally, a new soon-to-open vodka bar also in DTLA called Silo.

They don't just serve up premium shots, though. Each has an accomplished cocktail menu of tasty classics and intriguing new experiments. So pick your poison, and your decision where to drink this weekend will be made!

Link: http://www.justluxe.com/travel/news/feature-1576340.php

Comments