HotelChatter Islands Series: Laucala Fiji

For the second day of my Private Islands series on HotelChatter last week, I took my readers from the idyllic shores of Musha Cay in the Bahamas to another tropical jewel: Fiji's Laucala Island.

Laucala, which is the largest private island in the southern hemisphere, also has an interesting pedigree. It used to be the island retreat of publishing magnate Malcolm Forbes before it was bought by Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz, who converted it into a small all-inclusive luxury resort that you actually have to apply for to get a reservation! No joke.

See why all that rigamarole might just be worth it by taking a look at my story below.

Link: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2011/2/28/213324/767/hotels/My_Own_Private_Island_Fijian_Fun_on_Laucala_Island

Comments