HotelChatter: The Craziest Hotel Bathroom in Cusco

I think you can tell from all my articles and posts that I had a fantastic time in Peru. It's always been one of my top ten travel dream destinations. From the fantastic restaurant scene in Lima, to the wonders of Machu Picchu, it was a trip of wonderful experiences, intriguing conversations, and offbeat surprises...

Including this tiny hotel we found in Cusco. Formerly just a restaurant-lounge with a gay-friendly vibe, and an ostentatiously eccentric design sensibility, Fallen Angel is in the heart of Cusco's historical district, just behind the main plaza and across the Plazoleta Nazarenas from the famous Hotel Monasterio. The owner recently renovated the second floor, though, and created a four-room inn. Each suite has its own distinct personality, and a name to match, but by far the most interesting to me was the Pasion, thanks to the bathroom. Exhibitionists rejoice, while shier folk beware. I'll spare you the details here, but you can read all about it in my HotelChatter piece at the link below.

Link: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2010/8/30/1450/83432/hotels/Cusco_s_Fallen_Angel_has_a_Peekaboo_Diorama_Bathroom

Comments