Jaunted: Lima Restaurant Roundup

During my trip to Peru last week, I stayed in Lima for a couple days, and while I was there, I was treated to some fantastic meals out, including at one of Gaston Acurio's restaurants. For those of you who haven't jumped on the Peruvian cuisine trend that seems to be burgeoning in the U.S. at the moment, Acurio is basically the South American chef to know. He's not only put nuevo peruano cooking on the map, but he's also launched a restaurant empire that stretches up and down the Americas.

In addition to La Mar in Lima, which is famous for its seafood, I also ate at one of his restaurants in Cusco called ChiCha, where I enjoyed the moo shoo guinea pig. I don't talk about that in this article, but I do mention two other restaurants du jour in Lima that have opened in recent months and that are serving up some really fascinating dishes that you won't find anywhere else. It's not just all about ceviche anymore--there are some very exciting things happening on the dining scene south of the equator, and a trip to Peru these days is as much about the foodie experience as about mystical Incan journeys.

To find out more about what I ate where, take a look at the link to my article on Jaunted below.

Link: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2010/7/15/194251/433/travel/Where+to+Eat+in+Lima+Now%3A+Our+Top+Three+Recommendations

Comments