LowFares: Elite Airline Status with The Points Guy


I know I said it last week, but my friend Brian Kelly is a genius! He is something of a real-world Ryan Bingham, you know the George Clooney character from Up in the Air, and is starting his own business consulting on airline and hotel loyalty points programs. He calls himself The Points Guy, and has become an expert on rewards points in both the hotel and airline industries.

After he was able to swing me a business class award ticket to Paris in the middle of the summer using an embarrassingly small amount of frequent flier miles, I knew he was onto something. So last week, I talked to him for a piece on HotelChatter, which you can find here. I'll also be talking to him specifically about airline programs for Jaunted in the coming weeks.

In the meantime, he and I had another interview about how to qualify for Elite Status on airlines: ways to do it, how many miles it takes, what the point is, and how programs differ from airline to airline. All in all, I'd say it's a pretty comprehensive starting guide to Elite Status programs, and should give anyone a good idea of how they work.

To find out the best ways to qualify for Elite Status, which airlines are your best bets, and all sorts of other useful information, take a peek at my story on LowFares at the link below.

Link: http://www.lowfares.com/blog/2010/05/11/the-points-guy-share-the-secrets-of-earning-elite-status/

Comments