LA Confidential Magazine Review: Blue Whale

The second large piece I had in the April/May Issue of Los Angeles Confidential Magazine has to be one of the most unusual restaurant concepts I've come across in my short time as a food writer. It's a Korean BBQ jazz club in Little Tokyo. I don't even know where to begin parsing all that out, but basically, a Korean musician named Joon Lee decided to bring his love of jazz and his native food together in one place.

The result is a hip little cabaret space with upscale cocktails and Korean street food that is completely dedicated to experiencing the moment and expressing your inner artistic leanings...all tucked away in a Little Tokyo mall. That's a lot for one little jazz club, but somehow Blue Whale manages to pull it off.

Want to know how? Read my piece below and find out!

Review: http://www.la-confidential-magazine.com/dining_insight.html#bluewhale

Comments