HotelChatter: Saddle Up at Alisal Guest Ranch

Those of you who follow my Facebook page might have seen a picture or two of me on horseback posted recently (by others, not me!), as well as a few status updates about wine-tasting in Solvang. That's because I was up in Santa Barbara wine country staying at the Alisal Guest Ranch and Resort, one of Southern California's iconic hotel properties (and a personal favorite of several of my colleagues). The resort has been welcoming guests since 1946 for horseback riding excursions (the original glamping!), though now many come just for the golfing on its two courses, and treatments in the new spa.

While there, I put together a little video for HotelChatter, where various staff members talked about all the wonderful amenities. However, we decided the most fun and interesting of them was the video I made with the resort's Head Wrangler, Tony Thompson, in which he tells us all about the Ranch's horses and history.

To find out more about what makes Alisal so special, and to see the video of Tony, you can find my HotelChatter story here: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2010/3/28/201754/138/hotels/Saddle_Up_at_The_Alisal_Guest_Ranch

Comments