Inside the JW Marriott at LA Live

I've taken you inside the new JW Marriott and Ritz-Carlton at LA Live before--but only for a sneak peek at the project a few months ago, when I still needed a hard hat to get inside. Then it was the lighting up ceremony in January. Yesterday, I brought you a first-look at the official opening of the hotel with a ceremonial ribbon-cutting (even though it had already been open for business and taking guests since the day before), complete with video of the enormous, golden prop scissors they used and blasts from the confetti cannon.

Today, I posted a story on HotelChatter with photos from my tour of the property, as well as a video walkthrough of a Junior Suite (all the standard rooms were already booked for a Pollstar convention that had taken over the hotel). In it, you'll find photos of the massive lobby, including Kerry Simon's new LA Market restaurant (I also snagged a menu!), The Mixing Room bar, the fourth-floor pool area (bright glare!), the Executive Lounge, and two of the suites including a regular corner Junior one-bedroom, and the truly impressive Presidential Suite (my favorite part was the luxurious, sparkling bathroom).

For all the details, photo and video of the property, check out my story here: http://www.hotelchatter.com/story/2010/2/16/195813/936/hotels/Inside_The_Brand_New_JW_Marriott_At_LA_Live

Comments