NYT Reviews Barcelona's Hotel Denit

This was a pretty straightforward piece to write--basically just a recap of The New York Times' recent review of a new hotel in Barcelona called the Hotel Denit. The hotel is located in the heart of Barcelona's historic Barri Gotic, or gothic quarter, and is actually just a block or two away from one of the city's most famous restaurants, Els Quatre Gats, where Picasso used to hang out as a young man. On a trip to Barcelona when I myself was a young man, I actually ate there thanks to a classmate who was even more of a history dork than me and had researched it. I even remember what I ate: squid ink seafood risotto. Not the best meal, but certainly one that made an impression.

All that's to say: the hotel is in a fantastic place, right in the middle of things. You can find its location here. Despite that fact, though, it is still pretty moderate, with rooms going for about $200 a night. I'm not saying I'd be happy to pay that for one of their rooms based on the photos I saw and the review I read, but it might be a good option for those on a semi-strict budget.

To read more about what to expect at the hotel and whether you might like to stay there, you can take a look at my HotelChatter story below.

Comments