FACES: Yuji Matsumoto

This month's FACES is not necessarily holiday-centric, but I couldn't really convince my editors to let me interrogate the Beverly Center's Hot Santa. Instead I decided to talk to the only Master Sake Sommelier in the United States, Kabuki Restaurants' Yuji Matsumoto. Sake might just be the most appropriate topic for the holidays though, since there is an old saying that "sake does not fight with food." And at what time of year is there more food than the holidays? So start thinking about what you can pair with a nice junmai daiginjo.

He was kind enough to host me at a tasting at one of Kabuki's locations a few weeks ago, and based on the experience, I had all kinds of questions for him. To see what we talked about, you can take a look at my interview below.

FACES: http://www.la.com/tablehome/ci_14018420?source=rss

Comments