Review: La Cachette Bistro


This was my favorite meal from last week, and I have been tempting everyone I've talked to about it with my description of the coffee-rubbed buffalo short ribs. Among my other favorites? The tuna with candied ginger and black garlic, and the torchon-style foie gras. Delicious!

Chef Jean-Francois Meteigner really seems to have given his creative energy free rein with this new restaurant in Santa Monica now that he doesn't have to cater to the more staid crowd of Century City and Westwood. Everything is more relaxed, fun, and playful here...even if the prices are pretty much just as high. I would also give high props to the wine list, which had some excellent entries from both France and California, including a Gerard Gauby grenache I would have really liked to have tried! Ah well, next time...because I am certainly going back!

Review: http://www.la.com/ci_13350169

Comments