The Loisium Wine Resort and Spa in Austria


One of the hotels I was most looking forward to staying at during my trip to Austria was the Loisium, a wine resort and spa in the heart of the Kamptal Valley. That is about 45 minutes northwest of Vienna, and just about 15 minutes from the sights of the Wachau like Durnstein and Mautern.

The area produces a lot of wine (by Austrian standards)--mostly Gruner Veltliner and Riesling--that is quite distinct from the other regions of the country.

The Loisium is a design hotel that sticks out a little incongrously from its countryside surroundings outside the village of Langenlois, but it was a nice change of place from some of the more...rustic...inns I had been staying in for the previous few days. In addition to the hotel, there is an Aveda Spa, a gourmet restaurant serving local, seasonal foods, and a "World of Wine" museum and cellar where you can learn about winemaking and then taste the local vintages.

All in all, I had a great experience there, so take a look at my story (and video walk-through of the my room!) to see for yourself.


Comments