Breakfast Spread at Hotel Wine and Design Vienna


I got the chance to stay at the lovely boutique Hotel Rathaus Wine and Design Vienna during my recent trip. All the rooms are named after famous wineries, and the minbars feature wines from the room's namesake. For instance, I was in the Kloster Am Spitz (near the town of Spitz where I went hiking in the Wachau!) room, and also made sure to take a picture of the F.X. Pichler room, since I'd visited that winery in Oberloiben earlier in the week.

The room was large and airy, with a sort of newfangled canopy bed, where the canopy was a soft light fixture. The walk-in shower was also huge and magnificent. I appreciated the free WiFi and having a desk to work at, though I tried not to spend too much time in the room admiring the views over Lange Gasse.

I think that by far the most attention-grabbing amenity of the hotel was the 15-euro breakfast spread. Lots of hotels charge exorbitant prices like this for a paltry buffet of stale bread and old cold cuts, but at Wine and Design, the breakfast was totally worth it, as you'll see from the profusion of foods in my article.

Comments