Le V en Vertheuil

On my recent trip to France, I economized a bit by staying in some out-of-the-way places, and doing a fair amount of research to find country inns and auberges where you can both sleep and eat inexpensively.


One such inn I found was in a tiny village in the Medoc outside Bordeaux called Le V en Vertheuil. It's the pet project of a man named Patrick, who is a native Breton, traveled the world for work, and decided he'd like to run a country B&B for a few years. So he bought a 19th-century boulangerie in Vertheuil, which is just a couple miles inland from Pauillac (where lots of famous wineries sit), refurbished it, decorated three guest rooms, and started a creperie in the kitchen. It truly is a one-man show. It's also only about 55 euros a night, offers free WiFi, and though simply furnished, was one of the more contemporary, comfortable places I stayed on my trip. To read my full impression, take a look at the "Innkeeper" article I just wrote for InTravelMagazine below.

Comments