Restaurant Gardens!

No, I'm not talking about a garden to eat in. I'm talking about a garden...you eat. That's right, several restaurants around Los Angeles have started their own vegetable and herb gardens as a way of taking farm-to-table cuisine to the next level, and provide their customers with the freshest seasonings available. With LA's temperate climate, it's possible to grow all sorts of different things right on the premises, and at all different times of year since our seasons don't really correspond to more traditional calendars.

I'm in the process of researching and writing a story about them for LA.com, so I had a chance to pop over to blue on blue at the Avalon Hotel in Beverly Hills to see what they're growing on the roof. I also did a little video interview with Ryan Hoffman, the Food and Beverage Manager, about what they have planned next for their little edible nursery, so take a look!


Comments