Jaunted Update

Wow, I have been really bad this week about keeping this page updated, but that's because I've been really busy with the writing! So you see, that's a good thing.

Here are some of my Jaunted pieces from this week.

Where to Beef in Buenos Aires: I got to write up a little review of Soberbia 22, a wonderful parrilla that was a few blocks from the apartment I rented last year in BsAs. I walked by it one afternoon and thought it looked like a great place for dinner, so I decided to come back. Only I forgot where exactly it was and it took me several evenings of tromping through torrential downpours to find it. When I did, though, it was completely worth it since they were unbelievably nice to me, the owner Aldo took care of me personally, and my entire rib-eye dinner, including sides, dessert and wine, was under $20. Te quiero Argentina! Link: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2009/2/17/152626/157/travel/Where+to+Beef+in+Buenos+Aires%3A+Soberbia+22

Are Mardi Gras Beads Worth Going "Girls Gone Wild!"?: I think the title says it all, though this was just a fun little research piece into the history of Mardi Gras beads, and just what it is about them that makes drunk coeds want to bare it all: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2009/2/10/19466/4175/travel/Are+Mardi+Gras+Beads+Worth+Going+%27Girls+Gone+Wild%27%3F

A Night On The Town Without Leaving MyHouse: I rarely write about nightlife. In fact, I don't think I have at all yet, unless there happens to be a restaurant in a club like at Citrus at Social. But I got a quick assignment to cover one of the most buzzed-about new clubs in town, called MyHouse. It sort of takes that club in New York, APT, to a new level. It's tiny, it looks like a swinging bachelor pad, and there's a bedroom that you can lounge around in. Also, not how much the bedroom here looks like Preston Lee's bedroom from my Frontiers profile! Odd, but fun: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2009/2/10/2069/66471/travel/A+Night+on+the+Town+Without+Leaving+%27MyHouse%27

Watch the Derby Dolls, Then Take the Work-Out Class: How awesome is this story!? I ran into a new aquaintance at the gym and he was telling me how much fun he'd had the night before watching the Derby Dolls kick some roller derby butt, so I thought I'd write up the next "bout" for Jaunted: http://www.jaunted.com/story/2009/2/10/134044/657/travel/Watch+The+Derby+Dolls%2C+Then+Take+the+Work-Out+Class

Comments